Re: [LAU] need Sibelius/Score/Finale user

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 09 2007 - 22:48:08 EEST

> I'm considering entering some of my music in an international
> competition. However, the organization accepts scores only in one of the
> three formats indicated in the subject line. Thus, I need to find
> someone who has one or more of those apps and can help recast my lovely
> LilyPond scores into an acceptable format. I doubt there's a nice simple
> LP-to-proprietary-format conversion utility, so is there anyone here who
> can advise and/or assist me in the conversion process ?

Very nice of them to insist upon closed software formats, huh?
These organizations should be encouraged to support/allow open formats such as
musicML or such, or for finished engraving, something most everyone could
produce such as PDF.

Finale's least expensive version won't set one back too much and might even
work in Wine. Sibelius is lovely but big bucks. There are opensource upstarts
with WYSIWYG GUI (which lilipond lacks) such as Musescore that are looking
quite nice.