Re: [LAU] JACK MIDI - where? how?

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 05 2007 - 21:16:26 EEST

On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Dmitry Baikov wrote:
> On 6/5/07, David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Most of the jack_midi_... functions here need a nframes argument.
> > I had seen a funcion to get this from jack_get_buffer_size(_client) or
> > from info->nframes.
>
> Right.
>
> > Subtracted frame offsets if I knew them?
>
> Sorry, don't understand.

Check the sources. In one case, I start at nframes - 1 so I assume I am
looking at 1 frame. In another case, the frame_offset is calculated
explicitely--I moved this forward--so I subract from info->nframes.

> > I can send you the modified sources if you want
>
> Yes, please.

Attached zip.

> > When jack is running and I start it, I get ports created for everything
> > that shows in qjackctl's midi connections pane. I see nothing different
> > in qjackctl. If this what it should be doing and then, how do I connect
> > them?
>
> Jack MIDI ports do show up in qjackctl's audio pane.
> You can connect them as usual (but only midi to midi).
> I use patchage here, it shows ports in different colors depending on port
> type.
Did not see them here. Qjackctl knows the jack_alsa is running because when I
stop jackd, I get messages like:
subgraph starting at alsa_midi timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=10, status = 0,
state = Triggered)