[LAU] Re: [LAA] [ANN] AlsaPlayer 0.99.80-rc1 and FftScope 1.0.5

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 12:11:47 EEST

Dominique Michel wrote:
> I am very proud to announce 2 new releases: alsaplayer-0.99.80-rc1 and
> fftscope-1.0.5
>
> The main added feature in those 2 packages is a new GTK2 interface.
>
> I must thank Madej. He done most of the job and is still working to improve it.
>

> Alsaplayer-0.99.80-rc1
> ----------------------
> AlsaPlayer is a new type of PCM player. It is heavily multi-threaded and tries
> to excercise the ALSA library and driver quite a bit. It has some very
> interesting features unique to Linux/Unix players.
>
> This is a major feature enhancement release.
>
> The player has now a fully working GTK2 interface.
> It includes the same functionality as the GTK1 interface and some new
> functions. The playlist window has been completely rewritten and is inside the
> main window. The scopes plugins have been migrated too.
> A lot of debugging has been made.
>
> Every user is encouraged to upgrade AlsaPlayer and use the GTK2 interface.
>
> We need your help with a few things:
> * Bug reports
> * Feature requests
> * Artwork contributions
>

> fftscope 1.0.5
> --------------
> Fftscope is a nice fft scope plugin for Alsaplayer.
>
> It is now 2 versions of this scope in the package: one with GTK1 interface, the
> other with GTK2 interface.
>
> This is a major feature enhancement release
>

> Enjoy those 2 new releases!

hi dominique,
there are some problems building fftscope-1.0.5

first i run './configure', than 'make':
nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~/software/nove/alsaplayer/fftscope-1.0.5$ make
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/nowhiskey/software/nove/alsaplayer/fftscope-1.0.5'
Making all in gtk2
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/nowhiskey/software/nove/alsaplayer/fftscope-1.0.5/gtk2'
make[2]: *** Keine Regel, um »all« zu erstellen. Schluss.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/nowhiskey/software/nove/alsaplayer/fftscope-1.0.5/gtk2'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/nowhiskey/software/nove/alsaplayer/fftscope-1.0.5'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~/software/nove/alsaplayer/fftscope-1.0.5$

if i 'cd gtk2' and than do './configure && make' there, i can 'cd..'
into sourcetree and do 'make' without errors.

cheers,
doc