Re: [LAU] Re: [LAA] Traverso 0.40.0 Released

From: Bengt Gördén <bengan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 19:10:22 EEST

torsdag 14 juni 2007 15:37 skrev Thorsten Wilms:
> Calling interfaces intuitive is highly problematic. If you only accept
> what humans are born with, pure instinct as a base for inuition, there's
> nothing that could be called intuitive in human computer interaction at
> all. If we add experience, things that work like what we already know would
> be intuitive. But maybe the interfaces we know are not that good? A better
> interface would be less intuitive, then.

Extremely well put.

> Ardour is evolving. Throwing away many many man-years because some user
> thinks the interface is inefficient is a bad idea.

I couldn't agree more.

I just want to chime in here to give my support for Ardour. I do not recent
other DAWs and I'll certainly test others to but Ardour (and Muse sometime)
is my main software in my home studio.

And another word for those that doesn't like ardours interface. Please tell
that to ardour-dev. That is probably much, much more constructive than here
at LAU.

regards,

/bengan