Re: [LAU] Re: DAW usability

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 16 2007 - 01:42:44 EEST

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 21:27 +0200, Nick Copeland wrote:
> > The editor and mixer (ie the stuff that matters) are fine (if not
> >perfect) IMO.
>
> I know I am going to get hammered and/or flamed for this, but the people who
> wrote it say 'its perfect'? That effectively means changes or enhancement
> cannot be submitted since the guys who wrote the code cannot improve upon
> perfection. So why go to the dev list?
>
> OK, that is my last submit - I am going to shut up.

    OK. Now I'll say one thing 'cause I've been following this thread
for awhile now. I didn't write Ardour but I think it's great. The last
problem I had with it was a plugin problem and Tim Goetze has found that
(and is fixing it as we speak). My advice to those who are not
satisfied with Ardour is to 1) give money to the developers, 2) learn to
code and get to work on it, 3) learn to code and write your own DAW, or
4) go whine elsewhere.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://www.thecfband.com