Re: [LAU] Migrating to 64-bit

From: carmen <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name>
Date: Sun Jun 17 2007 - 05:41:12 EEST

On Sat Jun 16, 2007 at 10:30:48PM -0400, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> I am getting a 64-bit system later this week and will be installing
> Fedora Core 6 x64 and it will be replacing my current studio DAW, and
> I will be mocing my Delta1010 audio interface over to this new machine
> also. Are there any general 'gotchas' with regard to Linux audio and
> 64-bit hardware?

not with the hardware. with the software, the VM based scientific audio stuff tends to be broken - at least SCLang, PD, and Chuck. not sure about CSound. so if youre into that stuff, youll need a 32bit chroot. or you could control scserver from haskell or scheme...

all the normal stuff works fine, and has for a couple years now..