Re: [LAU] [ann] CAPS 0.4.0

From: David Haggett <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 17 2007 - 20:44:42 EEST

On Sunday 17 June 2007 15:14, Tim Goetze wrote:
> The C* Audio Plugin Suite reincarnates as version 0.4.0.
>
> CAPS is a collection of LADSPA plugins enjoying worldwide favour for
> its instrument amplifier emulation. In addition, it provides a
> sizeable assortment of acclaimed audio DSP units, sound generators and
> effects. CAPS is distributed as open source under the terms of the
> GNU Public License.
>
> http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html
> http://quitte.de/dsp/caps_0.4.0.tar.gz

> Don't hesitate to let me know what you think.

Can't get it to compile on x86_64 (running SuSE 9.3 which is old). I get the
following error:

g++ -O3 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Wall -fPIC -DPIC -I/usr/local/include -c
Eq.cc
In file included from Eq.cc:31:
Eq.h: In member function `void EqIIStub<Channels,
   Bands>::start_cycle(d_sample**)':
Eq.h:137: error: syntax error before `;' token
make: *** [Eq.o] Error 1

If I remove Eq.cc and Eq.h, and the references to Eq and Eq2x2 from
interface.cc it compiles without errors, but haven't managed to get it to
install yet. (Ladspa looks for plugins in /usr/lib64/ladspa, but when I
copied caps.so in place of the previous caps-ng.so ardour wouldn't start.

any guidance gratefully received.

--
David Haggett