Re: [LAU] problems building QLoud 0.22

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 19 2007 - 21:34:31 EEST

On 19 June 2007 at 14:23, "Hector Centeno" <hcengar@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to build QLoud 0.22 and I can't get pass this error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqwt
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Do you have the *development* libraries for libqwt installed? On my
Mandriva 2007.0 system the rpm package name would be libqwt4-devel
and this is in the "contrib" repositories.

> I built and installed the latest version of qwt and set the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH and also set the right path to the library in
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d and still ld can't find it. I'll appreciate any help
> here.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH affects how a program links when it executes, not
how it builds, or so I believe. -L/dir/where/lib/is as part of
LDFLAGS could be useful to you.

Good luck....

--
Kevin
"The most amazing achievement of the computer software industry is its