Re: [LAU] problems building QLoud 0.22

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 15:08:10 EEST

I had similar problems with building some software. Kfreeflight was an
example. I had an Sid-installed plib which would not link so a compiled my
own local version. Problem was that the configure was too crafty for it own
good :-)

Try LFLAGS=/usr/local/lib -- maybe the configure knows to put the qwt in
itself. Maybe even just /usr/local.

All else failing, this is what I had to do: The big g++ or ld command that
fails with -lqwt not found--run make in konsole (KDE xterm+) or such and COPY
that command! What you may find is something like:
... -L/usr/lib..... -L/usr/local/lib... ...... -L/usr/lib .... -lqwt ....
You can guess what has happened :-)
Go into the last directory in the make, usually src. Paste the command and
either, depending on what follows the -lqwt, delete the -L/usr/lib or move it
after -lqwt and any other local stuff. HIt return to run the command. if this
works now, go back out to the main directory, run make to finish off.