Re: [LAU] pitch correction

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 15:13:11 EEST

Greetings:

I'm going to jump in here too. I built and tested ardourvst yesterday on
my new 32-bit machine (openSUSE 10.2, JAD distro). As advertised, some
plugs brought things to a halt immediately, some took a bit of time
before crashing, and some actually worked.

The crashes are almost always accompanied by the RenderBadPicture error,
which is apparently an insoluble problem. Does anyone know how to get
around it ? I've tried changing settings in winecfg, got no joy.

For example, GSnap comes up okay, but if I try to set the key the plugin
crashes (and takes ardour with it) with the X error. I tried the normal
and skinned versions. Btw, WINE is 0.9.37.

Effects working here include the dfxTransverb, North Pole, and the SIR
convolver. The SIR plug is hilarious though, it runs CPU usage up into
1e+ on an AMD64 3800+ processor, not exactly a usable situation.

I'll continue testing. Like Jan, I'm also looking for recommended plugs.

Best,

dp