Re: [LAU] Re: Real-time kernel

From: Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 10:16:03 EEST

On 6/24/07, Free Ekanayaka <free.ekanayaka@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi Chuckk,
>
> |--==> Chuckk Hubbard writes:
>
> CH> Hi Dave and everyone. I am still wrestling with this. I have the
> new ALSA
> CH> driver that supports my card, finally, but under 64studio I still
> get
> CH> 20-some xruns a second, and Audacity is unable to connect to jackd.
> CH> PortAudio appears for a split second in the jack connection dialog,
> and
> CH> disappears. Some of you told me 64studio was preconfigured for
> low-latency
> CH> audio out of the "box" and all the apps were tuned to the distro,
> but it
> CH> doesn't seem to work that way for me.
>
> What version of 64 Studio are you using? The official latest 1.0
> stable release, could be out of date with respect to new hardware. You
> may want to try the 1.4.0 testing release
>
> http://www.64studio.com/node/1
>
> and do a network upgrade against the testing repository (see the file
> in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/64studio.list) to get the very latest
> kernel (2.6.21-rt17)

Hi Free, thanks for the suggestion. I was told by an ALSA developer a while
back that I'd need 1.0.14. It didn't work at the time, but after I
recompiled with a 2.6.21 kernel patched up to 2.6.22 it was in there. I'll
run the commands Mark gave me and provide some more info...
Glad to see there's a testing version!

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com