Re: [LAU] funktracker on amd

From: Jozef Henzl <popcorp86@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 15:22:31 EEST

> Hi,
>
> I've compiled the programme just fine, but I don't know what softsynth to
> use that will bind to /dev/midi. I don't have any hardware synth or
> external midi device that /dev/midi can recognise, so I don't know how to
> set up bttrk and get some sounds.
> Can you give me some advice?
>
> Thanks

You'll need a snd-virmidi kernel module. It will make virtual alsa midi port,
bound on /dev/midi0[0-9].(You could specify the midi device in .bttrkrc).
This virtual port could be connected via aconnect to any alsa-midi aware app.

Now I'm playing around with alsa midi support, so maybe in the near future you
won't need use this obscure method. :)

--
Jozef Henzl
FF8D 8342 CCAF 9568 949D A85A 9A97 A629 C68C F890