Re: [LAU] Music - Where to go

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 07 2007 - 23:27:13 EEST

On Saturday 07 July 2007, Christopher Hallinan wrote:
> Can I ask a couple of totally dumb newbie questions?

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers :)

> I'm quite Linux
> savvy, but completely new to Linux audio. Can you explain how you
> have your equipment setup? Did you record the guitar directly into
> Rosegarden? How did you cable it? I.e any external processors or
> interfaces?

I have an M-Audio Delta66 which i run jackd on. Rosegarden then connects to
jackd.

> Is jack in the path?

Yes..

> How are you using the Musicman amp?
> Strictly as final amplification or pre-amp (effects) only?

When i play electric I consider the amp to be part of my instrument. And
similar to how i record a classical guitar [i mic it] i record my electric
guitar by mic'ing the musicman amp. :)

Regards,
Flo

--