Re: [LAU] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.0 (unstable-qt4) has been released!

From: David Adler <david.jo.adler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 01:39:10 EEST

>> 2. I have had the program crash out working the connections (all-alsa) pane.
>> Happens when I touch the midi-through item.
>>

> This deserves some debugging. Are willing to help?
> 1) rebuild with ./configure --enable-debug && make
> 2) ulimit -c unlimited
> 3) ./qjackctl
> 4) *make-it-crash* (core dumped)
> 5) gdb ./qjackctl core
>
> Tell me what you find.

I get segfaults as well - they seem related to (dis-)connecting things
in the alsa-tab, here not nessesarily with the midi-through ports involved.

Following the above debugging-advice gives:

minos@email-addr-hidden:/usr/src/qjackctl-0.3.0$ ulimit -c unlimited
minos@email-addr-hidden:/usr/src/qjackctl-0.3.0$ ./qjackctl
Warning: no locale found: /usr/local/share/locale/qjackctl_en_US.qm
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
minos@email-addr-hidden:/usr/src/qjackctl-0.3.0$ gdb ./qjackctl core
GNU gdb 6.4.90-debian
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".

/usr/src/qjackctl-0.3.0/core: No such file or directory.
(gdb)

What about 'core'? Sorry if this is silly, its my first debugging.
What to change/read for gdb to work? 'man gdb' did not help me.

Something else: Alt+c doesn't connect things here while Alt+d and Alt+a
work properly.

by the way, the gui looks the way it is supposed to here on debian
testing & evilwm

Thanks for the great app,

d.