Re: [LAU] newbie to Linux audio

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 11:57:57 EEST

On 7/14/07, Russ Button <russ@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> One other thing. I want the audio interface to be able to provide 48
> volt phantom powering for a pair of good small diaphram condenser mikes,
> which I believe both of the afore mentioned devices provide.
>
> Russ Button wrote:
> > I'm looking to move into using Linux as my music platform for live
> > location recording.

My summary about USB, if usb is the answer you probably asked for a
mouse. :) Ok, and some other stuff, but for audio stick to something
decent like cardbus/pcmcia/pci/firewire. I'm very happy with my echo
interface and know some of the nice ones can be found on ebay that use
cardbus and pci if you want to use it at home too. I.e Mona.
http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/Discontinued/Mona/index.php

Loki