Re: [LAU] newbie to Linux audio

From: Peter Hartmann <ascensiontech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 02:47:51 EEST

I own both the Presonus Firebox and Firepod which are both great and
have nice phantom powered pre's. They blow the doors off my old
Ardvark-direct Pro who turned out to be Linux-unfriendly. Presonus's
newer 8 channel product is supposed to have even better ones.....
I've used the Firepod for 8 ch. tape transfer gigs (for guys like you)
and it worked beautifully, with audacity even!. ;-)
(32bit-float-96) When the FFADO driver comes out (formerly freebob)
they will support daisy chaining Firepods so you can record 16 tracks.
  But it sounds like you only need a Firebox (2ch.) which is a much
smaller investment.

Peter