Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 21:41:58 EEST

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 13:43, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 08:41:25PM -0500, Jan Depner wrote:
> > http://www.thecfband.com/Bio/MyMusic/MyMusic.html
>
> Makes me shiver in a good way. Thank you very much for sharing.
> But, is this the same version you posted in 2006? Not that I
> would complain about such great music brought up again :)

Hi Thorsten. It sounds like Jan has remastered it. I've got the .mp3 from last
year, and DL'd the .ogg today. The instruments all sound a lot brighter on
the uncompressed .ogg than on the .mp3.

I've attached a screenshot below showing the 2 waveforms. The top one is last
years, and the bottom one, todays.

Nigel.

Actually I removed the attachment, as the list complained that is was too big,
and needed moderating. If you want see it I'll send it offlist.