[LAU] LVM and Linux DAW

From: Victor Roetman <vroetman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 21 2007 - 11:37:54 EEST

I found a bug with LVM and 64Studio installation, and the developers
said they had never tried LVM so had never run across it. Which begs
the question: Is LVM inefficient to use with a DAW?

Actually, my computer has an IDE drive with LVM for the system disk, and
a large SATA drive with just ext3 (no LVM) for data. I usually use LVM
for my system disk and for swap because it's so much easier to manage
multiple distributions that way, and resize partitions easily and quickly.

So is it bad to use LVM for the DAW data disk?
Is it bad to use LVM for the root disk if the audio isn't being written
there?
Is LVM inefficient when we are talking about things like multiple
channels of audio in ardour, recording 8 channels at a time, that sort
of thing?

Please shed some light on this for me.

vic

--
-= =- vroetman@email-addr-hidden -= =-
---AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM)---