Re: [LAU] KillVideGill

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 22 2007 - 00:41:53 EEST

Le Vendredi, 20 Juillet 2007 09:50:12 +0200,
Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden> a écrit :

Thanks for the comments !

> Has something to it, but I think it's not strong enough for this
> topic. The addition of some piercing and dramatic elements could do
> it.

I thought about it but left it as is since the experience by its nature
is indirect. Eg. it is a news report seen on TV. It has perhaps
something to do with the unfortunate 'mundanelization' of the topic
of such news events. Columbine, polytechnique de Montreal, Erfurt, and
so on. The chords could reflect that sad distance which becomes
nevertheless tangible.

> The delay timing rubs against the bass.

I find it kind of nice. I could eventually try to make it squarer.
This is a improv of some sort, done right on that evening without much
work nor thought behind it. I've cut a bunch of notes in rezound and
pasted it several times in ardour, then added keyboard chords, keyboard
bass, and the occasional ambiance resonance sound.

> The bass is a bit much in the foreground.

I have problems with the bass. I tend to put too much, in this case
using jamin, forgetting that listeners can adjust bass settings, eg.
adding more if they want more.

> > Note: all attempts to upload a .ogg file to Geocities reported
> > 'unsuccessful upload'. I had to convert the ogg file to mp3 to get
> > it right.
>
> And why didn't you convert the original to mp3?

I tend to prefer ogg format, if only for philosophical reasons.

Tschüß.