[LAU] Arecord clicks

From: Chris McCormick <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 24 2007 - 15:34:36 EEST

Hi LAU,

On my old crappy laptop I am getting a weird clicking when I use arecord,
only in the right hand channel. If I am recording silence, there is no
clicking, but if I turn something up in the right channel the clicking
appears to match the volume of the thing I turn up. I am thinking this
is maybe a bufferring problem, but I can't decipher how to use the
buffer command line parameters. Should I be making buffers longer,
or shorter? What are sensible values? What is the "avail-min" option
(I read the man page, but this option still makes no sense to me) and
will it help me?

At the moment I'm using "arecord -f cd filename.wav"

Sorry to be a n00b, but I really need to record this live set to my
laptop.

Best,

Chris.