Re: [LAU] Arecord clicks

From: Chris McCormick <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 12:50:24 EEST

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 04:09:51PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:
> > Unfortunately the problem still persists. Changing the buffer size just
> > causes weird stuff to happen like the left and right channels going out
> > of sync, as well as the horrible clicking noises. Maybe it's a bug with
> > the alsa driver for this card.
>
> Hm what card is it? A last thing you could quickly try is different
> samplerates.

/dev/sndstat tells me it's ESS ES1978 (Maestro 2E) at 0x1400, irq 5
The clicking seems to be gone with buffersize 128 (not higher or lower)
but I am still getting sync problems with any sample rate. It's like it
is recording one channel slower than the other. It's quite likely there
is a hardware issue with this laptop, so I am going to forget about it
until the new one arrives.

Thanks for your help!

Chris.