Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 30 2007 - 21:17:55 EEST

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 03:21, Jan Depner wrote:
> Here I am, back again. I've added a song to my site. It's only missing
> a few things:
>
> a real drummer
> someone who can play bass
> someone who can sing
> an entire band that really knows how to play reggae
>
> You know, just a few things ;-) This is more a proof of concept than
> anything else. It's really all about the story (which is on the site).
> For those interested, the implements of destruction are:
>
> Home-made guitar ;-)
> Roland GR-9 guitar synth (organ)
> Mesa Boogie Maverick Dual Rectifier 212
> Digitech RP250
> Blue Ball mic
> ESP 854 bass through an Art Pro Channel
> Alesis SR-16
>

> http://www.thecfband.com/Bio/MyMusic/MyMusic.html
>

> Oh, the name of the song is "Joe Black" (ya gotta read the story to
> understand).

Hi Jan. Sorry for the slow feedback, I just DL'd it this afternoon. That's one
really cool bit of work.

I'm into allsorts of music. Trance, Drum n Bass, Dub, and even classical
piano. I like Reggae too, especially the heavy bass lines, and what you've
produced here is close enough to Reggae for me.

No problem with the vocals. Great singing.

Read the story. A bit sick how poor folks are conned into thinking they can
win on a lottery, when in reality the only one sure of winning is Joe Black.

Nigel.