Re: [LAU] Live CD distribution?

From: Victor Roetman <victory747@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 03:57:25 EEST

Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> Hmmm, I'll need to write the sound file
> to the hard drive, and I don't know if the drive is VFAT or NTFS.
> If it's NTFS that would limit which live CDs might work for me, if
> any.

I have had VERY good results with ntfs-3g (copying 25 Gigs of files from
NTFS to NTFS with Korean, Chinese, and English file names using
Knoppix). Knoppix and Ubuntu both support this, Knoppix by default and
Ubuntu if you get the ntfs-3g package and explicitly state you want to
use it. If you do remaster a CD, make sure you include ntfs-3g. It's a
bit slow and uses a lot of CPU (compared to the kernel ntfs driver) but
it's read/write and never gives me problems.

vic