Re: [LAU] <OT> 'Sir' Elton John (a.k.a. Pennyhouse with rolls) wants to shut down the web <off topic>

From: Vince Werber <ka1iic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 17:20:53 EEST

Point well taken Chuckk!

I just had to say something tho :-)

Perspective has a bit to do with it all too... Years back I thought Eric
Clapton was really smooth with his recording of 'I'm So Glad' on the 'Fresh
Cream' album... That is until I got a copy of the original recording by Skip
James... Clapton is still 'smooth' but Skip was/is edgy, gutsy and had
heart... All the difference between a stack of amps and a single 'flat top',
an artist and a mic... Less can be better... at least for me...

It just angers me to hear this stuff from the likes of Elton John... Sorry
but I have known, personally, so many guys that have long since passed on
that had more gut for music than than he ever could buy... My first band...
every single member except myself have long since died... Nothing great
about any of us but he had our moments... We did it because we loved it...
never made any money... made a few folks happy I guess...

Personally I have my little studio set up for me... don't plan to release
anything because I am sure everyone would quicky realize I am 'past it'...
Reality does hit a person in the face like a brick... There's a song there
somewhere I am sure <heh> blues too...

Reality is like a brick to the face... hmmm... goodbye yellow brick road???

Have a good one...!!!

vince (melting from the heat in Maine)