Re: [LAU] <OT> 'Sir' Elton John (a.k.a. Pennyhouse with rolls) wants to shut down the web <off topic>

From: Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 22:08:55 EEST

On 8/2/07, Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 14:20:53 +0000
> Vince Werber <ka1iic@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Personally I have my little studio set up for me... don't plan to
> release
> > anything because I am sure everyone would quicky realize I am 'past
> it'...
> > Reality does hit a person in the face like a brick... There's a song
> there
> > somewhere I am sure <heh> blues too...
> >
> > Reality is like a brick to the face... hmmm... goodbye yellow brick
> road???
> >
> > Have a good one...!!!
> >
> > vince (melting from the heat in Maine)
>
> I just wish some of the wannabees of today (and probably yesterday)
> would take that attitude!
>
> Seriously, I find people who are self-critical tend to produce better
> music/art/photos etc. than those that think they are good.

LIke Franz "burn all of my writings" Kafka.
On the other hand, my favorite artists put out a lot of crap; the thing they
have in common is that they wrote/recorded/drew whatever was on their mind,
and released it without shame. Maybe they come up with 1 in 50 things worth
seeing, but they keep the creativity flowing.
The other thing they have in common is that, while they had varying levels
of success, they did their work out of neurotic compulsion... but I pretend
not to acknowledge that.

-Chuckk