Re: [LAU] Reverb status?

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2007 - 04:00:05 EEST

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 18:03 +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 09:12:55AM -0700, eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>
> > Yes. When I'm playing live I use more reverb than the other guitarist. The
> > bass player uses less. The drummer wants different reverb settings per mic. At
> > the end of a recording session I may add an overall (slight reverb) but every
> > instrument has a different amount and (sometimes) type of reverb. BTW, I really
> > like your signature blurb ;-)
>
> Using more or less is just a matter of sending more or less to the reverb,
> you don't need separate reverbs for that.
>
> It would be an easy matter to capture the impulse response of the
> reverbs you like, and combine them into one jconv configuration that
> emulates them all.

    Nope. I actually like different reverb sounds for different
instruments. If I were recording strictly acoustic instruments and no
vocals I would agree but when you've got electric guitars, electric
bass, and sythesizers I like different reverbs. For the same reason
that I like a TS-9 and the other guitarist likes his Boss pedal. I use
a Mesa Boogie and he uses a Line 6. All reverbs sound different,
including reverb plugins.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69