[LAU] Wine alsa midi output

From: Chris McCormick <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 09:04:39 EEST

Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong list, but I figured since it's Linux
audio related this might be appropriate.

I am trying to run a [GPL] app under Wine, and read it's midi output
into Pd. Midi input using alsa works fine now, and there are options
in the program - modplug tracker - for midi output, but nothing seems
to come out of any alsa midi channels. I suspect that the default alsa
midi output is to Midi Through and I just don't know how to redirect alsa
midi through back into Pd. There is a lot of conflicting information on
the net about what to do, so I wonder if anyone can tell me if they have
apps running under Wine which are outputting into a Linux alsa midi app?

I am running Wine 0.9.25 which is the default in Debian Etch right now.

Best,

Chris.