Re: [LAU] JACK transport in WINE Midi App

From: N. Gey <ilfhi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 18:47:03 EEST

Hi dp and others,

the NWC programmers are not many. They fixed the bugs, so that NWC (and the public beta NWC2 I'm in) can run in WINE fine. So there is some sense of linux, but they will never make a linux build because NWC deeply relys on Windows. But I have made a post in the beta forum, maybe they will have a look on jack.

NWC is my midi sequencer of choice, even if I'm running Ubuntustudio. The way of entering the notes without break from left to right and without programm-side bar-limitation is very good, also the way you can use the (pc-)keyboard all the way like in in a writing-programm. Sadly there is no linux-app like this.

Nils

-------- Original-Nachricht --------