Re: [LAU] Goodbye ReplyTo munging...

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 16:09:07 EEST

Am Dienstag, 14. August 2007 schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 12:26:41PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > ... but if we really want to be open to new folks exploring the free
> > software world in all its beauty we should really lower the stakes and
> > introduce them to proper-rfc-compliant-lists only when reaching higher
> > levels
> Mmmm. Lets promote incorekt spellin for those who are learning to
> write.

You would be surprised at what is going on in Germany's first grades. :-(

> Beginning piano players should be allowed to use their two
> index fingers only. Rules in any team sport should be ignored for
> junior players. Pi should be equal to 3 at least until you're 16.

But wait! As any experimental physicist and any engineer will tell you PI is
actually ~3 in first order approximation. :-)

I don't think writing rules (after school you are free to use your own
grammar, that is actually how the written language evolved) and
rfc-for-mailing-lists are comparable. And even in learning piano the teachers
doesn't start with 10-fingers high-class etudes from Chopin but sets the
entry-level several steps lower. And that is what I am arguing for: People
lurking into linux and free audio software will have enough problems already,
don't confuse them with strange (in their eyes) acting mailinglists. Again
for most of them the concept of the mailinglist is new and difficult already.

Some time back I managed a mailinglist with 99% windows-users and therefor
_known_ about their problems with the concepts and replyToMunging was _very_
helpful!

Enough of this meta-communication, back to music and learning for my exams!

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---