Re: [LAU] Goodbye ReplyTo munging...

From: Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 21:33:04 EEST

Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 10:59:01PM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
>
>> Oh great, now filtering is broken, because I only get one copy of the
>> message, the one sent to my email, while the "list copy" does not get
>> sent to me, so filtering by List-Id (which is default on many email
>> clients, both desktop- and web-based) does not work.
>
> If you don't receive the message _from the list_ that is probably
> the result of your filters. A message posted on the list is sent
> to all, including the poster if (s)he is a member of the list.

No, it's the result of the settings of my account on the mailing list
server - remove duplicate messages, which is the correct thing to do.
There should never be duplicate messages sent to my account (provided
that the sender had in mind to send ONE reply only), under any
circumstance. If that occurs, there's a problem that must be fixed
server side.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/