Re: [LAU] opinions on Ubuntu Studio?

From: Mysth-R <mysthr21@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 18 2007 - 00:41:02 EEST

Yep I was really excited too. But after testing, I was very disappointed.
Ubuntu studio is just a ubuntu feisty with some... package more. Is it
really necessary to install ubuntu studio more than Ubuntu feisty ?
By default, in the repositories, there is no real time Kernel, and many
softwares, libraries are deprecated...
we can ask : where are the maintainers ? Is it just a beautiful graphical
interface ?

Yes it is just MY opinion, but I am very disapointed.
However, for somone who wants to begin, it is very easy to install, and we
can find all the tools, software necessary to produce some music (depend on
what you want to do and how you want it)

cheers,
Erwan

2007/8/17, Aaron Trumm <aaron@email-addr-hidden>:

> So far I like the IDEA of it but this brings up a question - can it be
> installed without being connected to the network?
>
> I only have a wireless card, and thusfar I haven't been able to get Ubuntu
> Studio to install - it doesn't deal with the card properly in the install
> sequence, and thus, since it's not connected, can't install anything.
>
> But before that problem I was really excited about it...

{^_^} Mysth-R {^_^}
http://myspace.com/mysthr
http://myspace.com/aideauditive