Re: [LAU] Jackmp - libjackdmp.so

From: Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 18 2007 - 16:48:52 EEST

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007, Asmo Koskinen wrote:

> Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen kirjoitti:
> > Did you export LD_LIBRARY path in the shells where you started hydrogen
> > and qsynth?
> >

> No I did not yet, but I think it is not that easy. There is warning
> about Hydrogen and Ardour:
>
> "The consequence of this change is that some very famous jack
> applications (like Ardour or Hydrogen) get broken! A patch to have
> Ardour2 working with this jackdmp version is available here:
> ardour_patch.diff <http://www.grame.fr/%7Eletz/ardour_patch.diff>."
>
> http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp.html

I think you have misunderstood. I only suggested that you started
hydrogen and qsynth like this:

export LD_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib
qsynth&
hydrogen&

Either it works or it doesn't, but nothing breaks.

> I'm not the developer so I think it is better for me just wait to
> Jackdmp get mature and stable and be as easy to use like Jackd.

Jackdmp is very mature, this is a conflict between how jackd and jackdmp
behave, and not because some software is unstable.