Re: [LAU] Re: Goodbye ReplyTo munging...

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 18 2007 - 22:06:41 EEST

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2007-08-14 17:11:40, schrieb Florin Andrei:
>> But otherwise I get duplicates. This should not be a job for the client,
>> to remove duplicates. It's the job of the mailing list to work in such a
>> way that duplicates are not sent.
>
> How do you get duplicate messages?
>
> I get only duplicated messages, if some of those Windows
> or Webmail-Users hit "Group-Reply" which can even not be
> handled by server side "Reply-To" munging.

Well, I'm not using Windows or Webmail, and just hit "Reply All", and
Thunderbird on Linux put Michelle's address in the To field and the list
address in the CC field. Which means my reply will go *direct to
Michelle* from my mail server WITHOUT passing through the list's mail
server. So Michelle should get two copies of this (sorry, Michelle, just
once for testing purposes, OK?) That's not something the list server can
do anything about ...

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden