Re: [LAU] Music: a few songs I put up

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 00:37:27 EEST

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 21:43:35 -0400
"Nick Scheer" <nscheer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've put some songs up, and thought I'd share with the list. All pretty
> guitar-centric, done on my CCRMA Linux box via a Delta 66, and using Ardour,
> Hydrogen, Jamin, Zyn, etc.:
>
> http://nscheer.googlepages.com/songs2
>
> Feedback very much welcomed, particularly regarding mixing/mastering, as
> I've been learning that end of things pretty much just by trial and error
> (primarily error).
>
> Thanks and hope you enjoy!
>
> --Nick

Well, eventually I get round to listening to other people's work!

This isn't really my sort of music, so I can't comment much.

The general level seems OK, and reasonably well balanced. There doesn't
seem to be anything going on on the low registers, but I guess you
don't *have* to stick a thumping bass line in :)

It might be worth you having a look on KVR music cafe.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

There are a lot of guys on there doing interesting 'front line' things.
If they like your work they'll tell you.

... they also tell you if they don't :/

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk