[LAU] Stream Box setup questions

From: Matt Rockwell <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 21:04:14 EEST

Greetings:
I am seeking assistance with a couple of issues relating to my Ubuntu
server stream box.

   1. I am currently running darkice to create a stream from a Delta1010
      interface. Is there a way to create additional streams from
      additional inputs? I have everything configured with ALSA for the
      first stereo input pair, but I cannot figure out how to create
      another stream from the second stereo pair.
   2. I would like to configure a box with as little config as possible
      to connect to a stream on boot and pass the audio to the audio
      port. I cannot find a command line util to do this, and I am not
      sure how to configure something like this to automatically connect
      on boot.

My goal is to build a temporary (one year) backup Studio to Transmitter
link for our station. We currently have a wireless lan connection to
campus because we are located off campus. This existing configuration
bottlenecks at about 20 listeners with our Icecast2 server on the studio
end of the network. New construction has blocked our microwave path and
reduced us to a POTS codec to feed our FM transmitter.
We are about to move our microwave transmitter to a different building
on-campus and deliver the audio over the IP connection. At the same
time, I would like to move our Icecast2 relay box to the new on-campus
location to get the connecting traffic off of the wireless link. If I
can, I would like to send a higher bandwidth stream for the microwave in
addition standard "low" and "high" .mp3 streams. Right now, if I add
the higher bandwidth stream to the current darkice config, all streams
start to skip. While I can drive everything off of one pair of analog
inputs on the Delta1010, I would like to use two seperate stereo pair so
that Emergency Alerts are not on the webstream feed.

Any suggested configurations would be most helpful. Thanks all.

MattRock

--
Matt Rockwell- Technical Director
University of Wisconsin- WSUM Student Radio