Re: [LAU] Back from the void

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 20:54:23 EEST

On Tue, 21 Aug, 2007 at 07:43PM +0200, Thorsten Wilms spake thus:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 05:09:17PM +0100, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
>
> Welcome back! :)

Thanks. *hangs up coat*

> > Here's what I'm working on. The bass is just not going right for me
> > at all. I wish I had a bass guitar. And the ability to play it.
>
> Perhaps someone with a bass guitar steps up? :)

Was my veiled request that obvious? :)

> > This is kinda the intro - although it won't be particularly
> > lyrically complex, it will have more than just this phrase repeated
> > throughout. Excuse my singing, it's my first go.
> >
> > http://dis-dot-dat.net/wip1.mp3
>
> Nice start. The singing is actually fine for this, you just have to show
> more confidence.

I'm surprised it worked at all. It's recorded on a hands-free
skype-type thing that cost 10 euros and it was all done in one
recording - I sand each part after the other and didn't know if they'd
fit until I chopped out all my giggling in audacity.

> > I've probably missed lots of other people's great stuff. If anyone
> > has any recommendations, please pass them on!
>
> Skimming through my collection ... 20 of your tracks there, btw.

Flattery!

> Just a few picks:

This is great, cheers. I'm pointing wget at these now...