Re: [LAU] Re: Re: Jackmp - libjackdmp.so (Fons Adriaensen)

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 22:20:35 EEST

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 07:02:27PM +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:

> >Because it doesn't read the sample rate, but counts on jackd
> >calling the sample rate callback. Apparently jackdmp doesn't
> >do this. The main code thinks that the jack interface failed
> >when it sees a sample rate of zero. Then it opens OSS (!!!)
>

> Just stupid. sample rate callback has been deprecated i think....
>
> i guess reading the sample rate with jack_get_sample_rate should work

Yes, I added that, and now Alsaplayer works with jackdmp.

So the only thing holding me from switching to jackdmp now is
the system: ports issue.

Why switch ? Not because there's any problem with jackd, I just
want to use jackdmp for a while for all daily work to put it to
the test, but the precondition for that is that everything just
works.

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !