Re: [LAU] Ubuntu Studio and Delta 1010 (zoom h4)

From: Peter Finnegan <peter.c.finnegan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 19:06:15 EEST

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 23:08 -0600, stuff@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Anyone using the H4 Zoom?
>
> I am looking for some presales advice before buying. Does it work as a usb
> interface with Linux?
>
> What is your general / overall opinion?
>
> Thanks
My colleague just got one for the music department where I work. As a
standalone recorder, it sounds good and is very easy to use.

I tried it as a usb audio interface for my laptop running ubuntustudio,
and it does work. When you turn it on, while connected to a computer,
the h4 will ask to be either audio IO or connect to PC. Both modes work
just fine, at least on my machine.

I have not used it extensively, as we just got it a few weeks ago. The
few test recordings my colleagues and I have made sound clear.

PF