Re: [LAU] Chris McCormick

From: thomas fisher <studio1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 06:42:24 EEST

On Thursday 23 August 2007 03:05:33 david wrote:
> Ken Restivo wrote:
> > I continue to be amazed by the lengths that we-all electronic
> > musicians go thorugh, in terms of painstaking sequencing and editing,
> > or long hours of programming and algorithm tweaking, in order to
> > approximate the things that a well-rehearsed band does when
> > performing in real time.
>
> That's because digital control interfaces aren't as rich as analog
> control interfaces. Compare the expressiveness of a good violinist
> playing a real violin vs a synthesized violin played through a MIDI
> keyboard.

  Possibly the price of exploring new spaces? It seems to me a different
interface is needed. A input dynamic device sensitive to the needs of the
application. Those who are aware of what a "Wacom" is to the digital graphics
arts. The Wacom wand is sensitive to location, pressure, tilt and the driver
also incorporates essential mouse functions, Thus the artist is cut free of
the limitations of the mouse, and of course providing the application being
interfaced to is Wacom smart. My thought is the digital glove which
quantitizes the human hand and the applied pressures, It appears that the
devices are out of the lab. http://www.geocities.com/mellott124/glove1.htm
With the Open Source techno {knows} it could be reality, soon.
Tom