Re: [LAU] problems with jack_mixer

From: Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 25 2007 - 14:35:20 EEST

"Hector Centeno" <hcengar@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Just to update on this. I copied the configure and make files from version 5
> to the SVN checkout and finally I built it. It's running and lashing!
> Thanks! My only question is about the error message each time I start
> jack_mixer about PHAT not being installed (it is and the devel package
> also). What are the features missing in jack_mixer by not finding PHAT?

you need python bindings for PHAT (pyphat)

>> I did a SVN checkout but can't figure out how to get the configure file
>> generated. If I run autoconf I get:
>>
>> $ autoconf
>> configure.ac:25: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>> If this token and others are legitimate, please use
>> m4_pattern_allow.
>> See the Autoconf documentation.
>> configure.ac:32: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
>> configure.ac:33: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>> configure.ac:52: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
>> configure.ac:61: error: possibly undefined macro:
>> AC_JACK_MIDI_NFRAMES_CHECK
>> configure.ac:69: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_PYTHON
>> configure.ac:70: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CHECK_PYTHON_HEADERS
>> configure.ac:70: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
>> configure.ac:78 : error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CHECK_PYMOD
>> configure.ac:86: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2
>>
>> Is there something I'm missing? Thanks!

Common practice is projects to have bootstrap or autogen.sh script in
their top directory. Such script invokes automake autoconf etc in proper
order with proper flags. In jack_mixer project the script is called
bootstrap.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>