[LAU] Music: Woxitron WIP

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 01 2007 - 22:35:25 EEST

Hi!

It all started with a single custom drumloop run through dozens of
plugins, cut into pieces and rearranged to retrieve several versions
that can be layered. That was years ago, using Cubase. Now I feel
slightly awkward about that, but this material is way to good to
leave it :)

I took those few short loops and a bunch of other old samples to
build a track in Ardour. Said samples include me screaming into
the mic, a car and a lorry passing by on a wet street and a soda
stream.

http://images.ciao.com/ide/images/products/normal/555/Soda_Stream_Maxi__172555.jpg

So far its almost all percussion. I intend to add melodic parts.
Usually I build a "core" of a piece, consisting of 4 to 16 bars
with complete instrumentation, but here I have a skeleton now,
like was the case with "FM Casserole" and the collaborations with
Folderol.

I post this WIP to gather some feedback, as I wonder if the breaks
and transitions are maybe a bit rough and whether I should extend
some parts to provide stability.

http://www.archive.org/download/woxitron/thorwil_woxitron_wip.ogg
http://www.archive.org/download/woxitron/thorwil_woxitron_wip.mp3

--