[LAU] ua-25 very noisy in advanced mode

From: Joseluís Cruz <joseluisjazz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 09 2007 - 22:26:41 EEST

Hello list!

I've searched about this issue without success. I hope someone of you
smart guys brings me any idea.

The problem is: Edirol UA-25 sounds very noisy when in advanced mode.
(I need it in advanced mode because in normal mode you can't use the
midi ports and the sound quality is limited to 44.1khz 16bit)

And when I start jack, I must configure it with 3 periods and 1024
frames minimum to eliminate noises.

This is a new Debian Sid installation

Ok, now the strange thing is that before reinstalling my system I was
able to use the same soundcard in Debian sid, using the the same
machine, same hardware, same kernel I'm using now (I recompiled with
the same .config) with a very low latency (64 frames 2 period, 48000
hz around 2-4 msec). The only diferent is that I installed it from 0
two days ago.

And, I've not lost my previous system. I have it in another partition,
so I can take a look to any old-system's configuration file. But I've
not found any clues!!

Oh! I forgot to mention that some months ago, when I first installing
debian I remember having the same problem so I used it in normal mode.
But one day I tested advanced mode and it just worked! magically! that
is not of much help because I don't know what I did. So I think I've
discarded some bad kernel configuration by running my previous kernel.
I've even tried recompiling the alsa libraries, and I'm using jack cvs
head.

do you have any clues? I'm really loosing my mind with this ;) hahaha

greetings!

joseLuís