Re: [LAU] Re: ua-25 very noisy in advanced mode

From: Joseluís Cruz <joseluisjazz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 10 2007 - 13:26:54 EEST

I found it!! I found it!!! :-D

It was related to the xorg.conf! Maybe something related to fglrx or
composite.... I removed from the xorg.conf all the acceleration and 3d
lines I had to make compiz work, and now the audio works like charm!
I'm using nvidia propietary driver.

I should enable one by one the 3d options, to see when it fails. Later :D

Now my question is, is this supposed to happen? I've searched the web
and didn't find any advices on how to setup X11 to not interfere with
audio.

cheers!

2007/9/10, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>:
> Some common Jack pitfalls?

P.D. thankyou Pedro. I have a question about limits.conf. I had this:
@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - memlock 4000000
@audio - nice -10

But I when I run jackd, or any other audio related application, it
starts with priority 0 instead of -10. Is this ok? And yes, I'm in
group audio.