Re: [LAU] [ANN] TapStart 0.1 released

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 01:11:43 EEST

David Baron wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 September 2007, Dragan Noveski wrote:
>
>> Arnold Krille wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> following a basic rule for open source project "publish early and often"
>>> I release the very first (but quite feature-rich) version of TapStart to
>>> the public.
>>>
>>> TapStart is a basic tempo-measurement where you tap some beats and get
>>> the (averaged) tempo displayed. But there is more to it:
>>> - TapStart also updates the jack-tempo (if a running jack was found
>>> during startup) and can even start the jack transport after a defined
>>> number of taps. This is implemented for using this thing in jam-sessions
>>> to get a click/drum-computer to play in a tempo not known before.
>>> - TapStart can also send OSC-messages with the tempo/delay-value as
>>> argument to any gives host and path.
>>>
>>> You can find more information on its page at
>>> http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=TapStart
>>> ofqf (http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=node/573) is needed for the
>>> osc-part and has to be installed beforehand.
>>>
>>> The direct-link to the source package is:
>>> http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/files/downloads/tapstart/tapstart-0.1.tar
>>> .gz ofqf:
>>> http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/files/downloads/ofqf/ofqf-0.1.1.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> Have fun,
>>>
>>> Arnold
>>>
>> hi arnold,
>> i am having different problems installing tapstart.
>>
>> well, installing 'ofqf' was almost trivial, i only had to change the
>> QTDIR ntry in my .bash_profile to point to qt4 and to logout and login
>> again, than it got builded.
>>
>> but now, running scons on tapstart, i get following error:
>>
>> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
>> Checking for pkg-config (at least version 0.0.0)... yes
>> Checking for QtCore... yes
>> Checking for QtGui... yes
>> Checking for ofqf (0.1.1 or higher)... no
>>

>> so what is the problem?
>>
>> i already was runnung 'updatedb' as root and 'ldconfig' too, also i
>> tried restarting the machine.
>> the fact is:
>>
>> /usr/local/include/ofqf
>> /usr/local/include/ofqf/qoscclient.h
>> /usr/local/include/ofqf/qoscserver.h
>> /usr/local/include/ofqf/qosctypes.h
>> /usr/local/lib/libofqf.so
>> /usr/local/lib/libofqf.so.0
>> /usr/local/lib/libofqf.so.0.1
>> /usr/local/lib/pkg-config/ofqf.pc
>>
>> the pkg_config_path in my .bash_profile looks now like:
>>
>> export
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfi
>> g:/usr/share/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkg-config
>>

>> so, ofqf installed her .pc file in /usr/local/lib/pkg-config, and
>> usually on my system the dir is called 'pkgconfig' and not 'pkg-config'.
>>
>> but still i do not understand, i extended the PKG_CONFIG_PATH with
>> /usr/local/lib/pkg-config and still it does not work.
>> i also tried to cp ofqf.pc into /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig, but this is
>> not helping either.

> [...]
for me in this case it was pretty easy, i only had to change the QTDIR
line in .bash_profile to show at qt4 and to logou/in again:

joe .bash_profile:

export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt4/

but sometimes it is some more work. in my distribution, in /usr/bin
there is symbol link caled 'uic' which is showing at /usr/bin/uic-qt4,
or /usr/bin/uic-qt3.
the same for:

- designer
- lrelease
- lupdate
- moc
- qmake
- uic

both of this are in qt4 and qt3.

for compiling b.e. 'clam' i have to change this links to show to the
right one version (qt3-qt4).

cheers,
doc