[LAU] Re: SoundForge's Pitch Bend in Linux?

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <kjetil.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 11:46:01 EEST

Cassiano Bertol Leal:

> Hi, list!
>
> I am looking for some audio editing app (or maybe some plugin effect)
> that would do the same as SoundForge's Pitch Bend.
>
> What this effect does is that it presents you with a X-Y graph
> representing the time (X) and the pitch (Y). This way, you can draw a
> line that represents the bending of the pitch, time-wise.

Snd has an interface for this, located in either gtk-effects.scm (gtk) or
new-effects.scm (motif). You'll find it under
Effects->"frequency effects"->"Src timevar".

The simplest thing might be to install snd-ls:
http://www.notam02.no/arkiv/src/snd/

> There is something similar in ReZound, but it does not sound very nice.
> I think that it doesn't resample the audio, only shrinks/stretches the
> samples it already has, thus outputting a very grainy and not-fat-at-all
> low end.

Snd does this a way which sounds very good, using sinc resampling.