Re: [LAU] Important test:

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 15 2007 - 18:58:58 EEST

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 12:48:50PM +0200, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

> I can't believe I actually did this. 20 minutes sine tone out of jaaa into 4
> ardour tracks and then another pass with 4 tracks recording from the first 4:
> No clicks, no glitches. And I'll be hearing 300hz for the rest of the week.

A simple test to verify jack + driver + hardware is to make an analog loopback
and feed the tone back into JAAA for display. If the spectrum occasionally
'jumps' with sidelobes appearing around the main line this clearly indicates
a problem.

> This must be Dick Cheney's idea of Good Clean Fun.

Or an interrogation technique.

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !