Re: [LAU] RME Digi96/8

From: Michael TD Nelson <m_nels@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 18 2007 - 23:10:39 EEST

Hi Reuben and all,

Thanks for your I hope you don't mind me posting this back to the list!
I'm sorry for spamming you with my reply earlier - I was trying to send
it to the list...

Anyway, I've also added some extra text this time round...

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 14:09 -0500, Reuben Martin wrote:
> I have the DIGI 96/8 PAD and it works fine. There are only a few
> period sizes that work since the buffer sizes on this device are
> fixed.

Ok. That's kind of what I expected, from what Fernando said.

> If you have it working, but get an absurd number of XRUNs when
> starting Jack, it probably means you have a digital input selected,
> but no actual digital devices connected. It's trying to sync with an
> external device, but isn't finding a signal. Select an analog input,
> or actually connect something to the digital input.

I think that this is almost certainly exactly what is happening. At the
moment I have my ADC/DACs connected to my Digi9636, and I didn't really
consider that syncing would be a problem before I'm actually using the
interface. That makes perfect sense, though. I'll test it tomorrow.

> If you haven't found it yet, there is a tool for the DIGI 96/8 series
> that is part of alsa tools that provides a little interface for
> selecting which input you want to use, your clock source, pad
> settings, DAC volume, sample rate, etc.

Cool! It is called 'rmedigicontrol'. The alsatools website says that
'rmedigicontrol is a control tool for RME Digi32 and RME Digi96 sound
cards. It provides a graphical frontend for all the sound card controls
and switches.' So, does it also work on my Digi9636? When I run it, it
just opens one window which appears to control the 96/8 PAD.

Just out of interest, does anyone know a *useful* way that I could sync
together two Digi9636 cards and one Digi96/8 PAD?

Thanks again,
Michael