[LAU] Vocal F/X ???

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 03:10:18 EEST

I've been trying to figure out how to get a particular vocal effect
using Linux tools, not that I even know how to get the sound with any
tools. About 8-9 seconds in to the clip below a vocal is introduced
which has the sound I'm looking for.

http://www.doink.com/lau/spocks_beard-day_for_night-04-the_distance_to_the_sun-partial.ogg

How do I get that sound? I have 5 very good singers at my disposal,
if it turns out to be a vocal styling thing. But, I think there's
more going on than vocal style. It sounds like there's some sort of
envelope on that vocal track.

Thanks....

FWIW, the entire CD from which I snipped this section is very very
good in terms of musicianship & production. After that it's personal
taste, and they're among my favorite bands.

--
Kevin