RE: [LAU] Programs which use midi control knobs/sliders

From: Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 12:22:01 EEST

> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:52:59 +0100> From: folderol@email-addr-hidden> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden> Subject: Re: [LAU] Programs which use midi control knobs/sliders> > On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 12:15:06 -0700> Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:> > <snippety snip>> > > Heh. No, it's a DAW. It also hosts LADSPA effects plugins, but I can't imagine trying to use it as a synth. Although I'm sure that someone will try. How do I know this? Because someone already made a whole CD by using ProTools as a synth: http://cdbaby.com/cd/googleplex . I'm told that all the sine waves on that CD are test tones in ProTools, which were pitch-shifted and hand-placed in the tracks. It's not made with linux, sadly, but it's some great music anyway.>
Bristol can tie any midi controller to a movable device, including buttons and all that good stuff. It does ship with a set of GM2 controller mappings however these are not installed by default, that may change in the next release. Anything else can be tied with middle-mouse/move-controller.

Settings are saved when you write a memory.

Only downside is that you have to connect both the audio engine, bristol, and the gui brighton to the MIDI device to get it to work. Midi controls can also be remapped and have curve remapping, all that stuff that a synth should do.

Nick.