Re: [LAU] getting jack 0.107 working with cclients compiled against earlier versions

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 25 2007 - 12:03:17 EEST

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 25. September 2007 schrieb Robert Persson:
> I have just built jack 0.107 from svn. I had to install it over the
> jack installed from the ubuntu repository, which made me a bit
> uncomfortable, but it got Ingen working, and it should get the latest
> ardour from svn working with its midi editor, so I could live with
> that. It broke qjackctl, but that gave me the opportunity to build a
> newer version with jack midi support, so I could live with that too.
> However it seems to have broken a whole lot of other jack apps, such
> as hydrogen and alsaplayer, and I definitely can't live with that.
>
> Is there a way to get 0.107 working with clients compiled against
> older versions of jack?

Sort of: You have to start these apps in a bash/shell where the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to your self-compiled jack-libs before the systems
jack-libs.

NOTE: This is a trick rather common in developing, but its not easy and for
every day usage of normal users. So if you stumble across this (in the
archives) and have no idea what this is about, _don't even think about it_!
Thats also the reason why I don't give any more details above. If you know how
to achieve it, you are okay to use it but otherwise just ignore this mail...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---